New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 7.4
SynopsisThe remote Scientific Linux host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionSecurity Fix(es) :
- It was discovered that the ghostscript /invalidaccess checks fail under certain conditions. An attacker could possibly exploit this to bypass the
- -dSAFER protection and, for example, execute arbitrary shell commands via a specially crafted PostScript document. (CVE-2018-16509)
- ghostscript: LockDistillerParams type confusion (699656) (CVE-2018-15910)
- ghostscript: .definemodifiedfont memory corruption if /typecheck is handled (699668) (CVE-2018-16542)
- ghostscript: Stack-based out-of-bounds write in pdf_set_text_matrix function in gdevpdts.c (CVE-2018-10194)
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.