openSUSE Security Update : tomcat (openSUSE-2018-1129)
High Nessus Plugin ID 117983
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis update for tomcat to version 9.0.10 fixes the following issues :
Security issues fixed :
- CVE-2018-1336: An improper handing of overflow in the
UTF-8 decoder with supplementary characters could have
lead to an infinite loop in the decoder causing a Denial
of Service (bsc#1102400).
- CVE-2018-8014: Fix insecure default CORS filter settings
- CVE-2018-8034: The host name verification when using TLS
with the WebSocket client was missing. It is now enabled
by default (bsc#1102379).
- CVE-2018-8037: If an async request was completed by the
application at the same time as the container triggered
the async timeout, a race condition existed that could
have resulted in a user seeing a response intended for a
different user. An additional issue was present in the
NIO and NIO2 connectors that did not correctly track the
closure of the connection when an async request was
completed by the application and timed out by the
container at the same time. This could also have
resulted in a user seeing a response intended for
another user (bsc#1102410).
Bug fixes :
- Avoid overwriting of customer's configuration during
- Disable adding OSGi metadata to JAR files
- See changelog at
This update was imported from the SUSE:SLE-15:Update update project.
SolutionUpdate the affected tomcat packages.