openSUSE Security Update : gitolite (openSUSE-2018-1118)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 117978
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis update for gitolite fixes the following issues :
Gitolite was updated to 3.6.9 :
- CVE-2018-16976: prevent racy access to repos in process of migration to gitolite (boo#1108272)
- 'info' learns new '-p' option to show only physical repos (as opposed to wild repos)
The update to 3.6.8 contains :
- fix bug when deleting *all* hooks for a repo
- allow trailing slashes in repo names
- make pre-receive hook driver bail on non-zero exit of a pre-receive hook
- allow templates in gitolite.conf (new feature)
- various optimiations
The update to 3.6.7 contains :
- allow repo-specific hooks to be organised into subdirectories, and allow the multi-hook driver to be placed in some other location of your choice
- allow simple test code to be embedded within the gitolite.conf file; see contrib/utils/testconf for how.
(This goes on the client side, not on the server)
- allow syslog 'facility' to be changed, from the default of 'local0'
- allow syslog 'facility' to be changed, from the default of replaced with a space separated list of members
The update to 3.6.6 contains :
- simple but important fix for a future perl deprecation (perl will be removing '.' from @INC in 5.24)
- 'perms' now requires a '-c' to activate batch mode (should not affect interactive use but check your scripts perhaps?)
- gitolite setup now accepts a '-m' option to supply a custom message (useful when it is used by a script)
SolutionUpdate the affected gitolite package.