New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 5.9
SynopsisThe remote FreeBSD host is missing a security-related update.
DescriptionJoel Esler reports :
- CVE-2018-15378 :
- Vulnerability in ClamAV's MEW unpacking feature that could allow an unauthenticated, remote attacker to cause a denial of service (DoS) condition on an affected device.
- Reported by Secunia Research at Flexera.
- Fix for a 2-byte buffer over-read bug in ClamAV&s PDF parsing code.
- Reported by Alex Gaynor.
- CVE-2018-14680 :
- An issue was discovered in mspack/chmd.c in libmspack before 0.7alpha. It does not reject blank CHM filenames.
- CVE-2018-14681 :
- An issue was discovered in kwajd_read_headers in mspack/kwajd.c in libmspack before 0.7alpha. Bad KWAJ file header extensions could cause a one or two byte overwrite.
- CVE-2018-14682 :
- An issue was discovered in mspack/chmd.c in libmspack before 0.7alpha. There is an off-by-one error in the TOLOWER() macro for CHM decompression. Additionally, 0.100.2 reverted 0.100.1's patch for CVE-2018-14679, and applied libmspack's version of the fix in its place.
SolutionUpdate the affected package.