FreeBSD : clamav -- multiple vulnerabilities (8b812395-c739-11e8-ab5b-9c5c8e75236a)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 117911
SynopsisThe remote FreeBSD host is missing a security-related update.
DescriptionJoel Esler reports :
- CVE-2018-15378 :
- Vulnerability in ClamAV's MEW unpacking feature that could allow an unauthenticated, remote attacker to cause a denial of service (DoS) condition on an affected device.
- Reported by Secunia Research at Flexera.
- Fix for a 2-byte buffer over-read bug in ClamAV&s PDF parsing code.
- Reported by Alex Gaynor.
- CVE-2018-14680 :
- An issue was discovered in mspack/chmd.c in libmspack before 0.7alpha. It does not reject blank CHM filenames.
- CVE-2018-14681 :
- An issue was discovered in kwajd_read_headers in mspack/kwajd.c in libmspack before 0.7alpha. Bad KWAJ file header extensions could cause a one or two byte overwrite.
- CVE-2018-14682 :
- An issue was discovered in mspack/chmd.c in libmspack before 0.7alpha. There is an off-by-one error in the TOLOWER() macro for CHM decompression. Additionally, 0.100.2 reverted 0.100.1's patch for CVE-2018-14679, and applied libmspack's version of the fix in its place.
SolutionUpdate the affected package.