New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 4.4
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis update for nodejs8 to version 8.11.4 fixes the following issues :
Security issues fixed :
- CVE-2018-12115: Fixed an out-of-bounds memory write in Buffer that could be used to write to memory outside of a Buffer's memory space buffer (bsc#1105019)
- Upgrade to OpenSSL 1.0.2p, which fixed :
- CVE-2018-0732: Client denial-of-service due to large DH parameter (bsc#1097158)
- ECDSA key extraction via local side-channel
Other changes made :
- Recommend same major version npm package (bsc#1097748)
- Fix parallel/test-tls-passphrase.js test to continue to function with older versions of OpenSSL library.
This update was imported from the SUSE:SLE-15:Update update project.
SolutionUpdate the affected nodejs8 packages.