SynopsisThe remote EulerOS Virtualization host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the kernel packages installed, the EulerOS Virtualization installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- A use-after-free vulnerability was found in network namespaces code affecting the Linux kernel before 4.14.11. The function get_net_ns_by_id() in net/core/net_namespace.c does not check for the net::count value after it has found a peer network in netns_ids idr, which could lead to double free and memory corruption. This vulnerability could allow an unprivileged local user to induce kernel memory corruption on the system, leading to a crash. Due to the nature of the flaw, privilege escalation cannot be fully ruled out, although it is thought to be unlikely.(CVE-2017-15129)
- The tcpmss_mangle_packet function in net/netfilter/xt_TCPMSS.c in the Linux kernel before 4.11, and 4.9.x before 4.9.36, allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (use-after-free and memory corruption) or possibly have unspecified other impact by leveraging the presence of xt_TCPMSS in an iptables action.(CVE-2017-18017)
- A flaw was found in the upstream kernel Skcipher component. This vulnerability affects the skcipher_recvmsg function of the component Skcipher.
The manipulation with an unknown input leads to a privilege escalation vulnerability.(CVE-2017-13215)
- In the Linux kernel through 4.14.13, the rds_message_alloc_sgs() function does not validate a value that is used during DMA page allocation, leading to a heap-based out-of-bounds write (related to the rds_rdma_extra_size() function in 'net/rds/rdma.c') and thus to a system panic. Due to the nature of the flaw, privilege escalation cannot be fully ruled out, although we believe it is unlikely.(CVE-2018-5332)
- In the Linux kernel through 4.14.13, the rds_cmsg_atomic() function in 'net/rds/rdma.c' mishandles cases where page pinning fails or an invalid address is supplied by a user. This can lead to a NULL pointer dereference in rds_atomic_free_op() and thus to a system panic.(CVE-2018-5333)
- drivers/input/serio/i8042.c in the Linux kernel before 4.12.4 allows attackers to cause a denial of service (NULL pointer dereference and system crash) or possibly have unspecified other impact because the port-i1/4zexists value can change after it is validated.(CVE-2017-18079)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected kernel packages.