openSUSE Security Update : libressl (openSUSE-2018-950)
Low Nessus Plugin ID 112264
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis update for libressl to version 2.8.0 fixes the following issues :
Security issues fixed :
- CVE-2018-12434: Avoid a timing side-channel leak when generating DSA and ECDSA signatures. (boo#1097779)
- Reject excessively large primes in DH key generation.
Other bugs fixed :
- Fixed a pair of 20+ year-old bugs in X509_NAME_add_entry.
- Tighten up checks for various X509_VERIFY_PARAM functions, 'poisoning' parameters so that an unverified certificate cannot be used if it fails verification.
- Fixed a potential memory leak on failure in ASN1_item_digest.
- Fixed a potential memory alignment crash in asn1_item_combine_free.
- Removed unused SSL3_FLAGS_DELAY_CLIENT_FINISHED and SSL3_FLAGS_POP_BUFFER flags in write path, simplifying IO paths.
- Removed SSL_OP_TLS_ROLLBACK_BUG buggy client workarounds.
- Added const annotations to many existing APIs from OpenSSL, making interoperability easier for downstream applications.
- Added a missing bounds check in c2i_ASN1_BIT_STRING.
- Removed three remaining single DES cipher suites.
- Fixed a potential leak/incorrect return value in DSA signature generation.
- Added a blinding value when generating DSA and ECDSA signatures, in order to reduce the possibility of a side-channel attack leaking the private key.
- Added ECC constant time scalar multiplication support.
- Revised the implementation of RSASSA-PKCS1-v1_5 to match the specification in RFC 8017.
SolutionUpdate the affected libressl packages.