SUSE SLED12 Security Update : libreoffice (SUSE-SU-2018:2485-1)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 112107
SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThis update for libreoffice to 220.127.116.11 fixes the following issues:
Security issues fixed :
- CVE-2018-10583: An information disclosure vulnerability occurs during automatic processing and initiating an SMB connection embedded in a malicious file, as demonstrated by xlink:href=file://192.168.0.2/test.jpg within an office:document-content element in a .odt XML document.
(bsc#1091606) Non security issues fixed :
- Bugfix: Table borders appear black in LibreOffice (while white in PowerPoint) (bsc#1088262)
- Bugfix: LibreOffice extension 'Language Tool' fails after Tumbleweed update (bsc#1050305)
- Bugfix: libreoffice-gnome can no longer be installed in parallel to libreoffice-gtk3 as there is a potential file conflict (bsc#1096673)
- Bugfix: LibreOffice Writer: Text in boxes were not visible (bsc#1094359)
- Use libreoffice-gtk3 if xfce is present (bsc#1092699)
- Various other bug fixes
- Exporting to PPTX results in vertical labels being shown horizontally (bsc#1095639)
- Table in PPTX misplaced and partly blue (bsc#1098891)
- Labels in chart change (from white and other colors) to black when saving as PPTX (bsc#1088263)
- Exporting to PPTX shifts arrow shapes quite a bit bsc#1095601
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionTo install this SUSE Security Update use the SUSE recommended installation methods like YaST online_update or 'zypper patch'.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Workstation Extension 12-SP3:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-WE-12-SP3-2018-1748=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 12-SP3:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SDK-12-SP3-2018-1748=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12-SP3:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-DESKTOP-12-SP3-2018-1748=1