openSUSE Security Update : clamav (openSUSE-2018-838)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 111598
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis update for clamav to version 0.100.1 fixes the following issues:
The following security vulnerabilities were addressed :
- CVE-2018-0360: HWP integer overflow, infinite loop vulnerability (bsc#1101410)
- CVE-2018-0361: PDF object length check, unreasonably long time to parse relatively small file (bsc#1101412)
- Buffer over-read in unRAR code due to missing max value checks in table initialization
- Libmspack heap buffer over-read in CHM parser (bsc#1103040)
- PDF parser bugs
The following other changes were made :
- Disable YARA support for licensing reasons (bsc#1101654).
- Add HTTPS support for clamsubmit
- Fix for DNS resolution for users on IPv4-only machines where IPv6 is not available or is link-local only
This update was imported from the SUSE:SLE-15:Update update project.
SolutionUpdate the affected clamav packages.