New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 6.7
SynopsisThe remote Scientific Linux host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThis update upgrades Thunderbird to version 52.9.1.
Security Fix(es) :
- Mozilla: Memory safety bugs fixed in Firefox 61, Firefox ESR 60.1, and Firefox ESR 52.9 (CVE-2018-5188)
- Mozilla: Buffer overflow using computed size of canvas element (CVE-2018-12359)
- Mozilla: Use-after-free using focus() (CVE-2018-12360)
- Mozilla: Integer overflow in SSSE3 scaler (CVE-2018-12362)
- Mozilla: Use-after-free when appending DOM nodes (CVE-2018-12363)
- Mozilla: CSRF attacks through 307 redirects and NPAPI plugins (CVE-2018-12364)
- thunderbird: S/MIME and PGP decryption oracles can be built with HTML emails (CVE-2018-12372)
- thunderbird: S/MIME plaintext can be leaked through HTML reply/forward (CVE-2018-12373)
- Mozilla: Compromised IPC child process can list local filenames (CVE-2018-12365)
- Mozilla: Invalid data handling during QCMS transformations (CVE-2018-12366)
- thunderbird: Using form to exfiltrate encrypted mail part by pressing enter in form field (CVE-2018-12374)
SolutionUpdate the affected thunderbird and / or thunderbird-debuginfo packages.