RHEL 7 : thunderbird (RHSA-2018:2252)
High Nessus Plugin ID 111323
SynopsisThe remote Red Hat host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionAn update for thunderbird is now available for Red Hat Enterprise
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security
impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base
score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each
vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Mozilla Thunderbird is a standalone mail and newsgroup client.
This update upgrades Thunderbird to version 52.9.1.
Security Fix(es) :
* Mozilla: Memory safety bugs fixed in Firefox 61, Firefox ESR 60.1,
and Firefox ESR 52.9 (CVE-2018-5188)
* Mozilla: Buffer overflow using computed size of canvas element
* Mozilla: Use-after-free using focus() (CVE-2018-12360)
* Mozilla: Integer overflow in SSSE3 scaler (CVE-2018-12362)
* Mozilla: Use-after-free when appending DOM nodes (CVE-2018-12363)
* Mozilla: CSRF attacks through 307 redirects and NPAPI plugins
* thunderbird: S/MIME and PGP decryption oracles can be built with
HTML emails (CVE-2018-12372)
* thunderbird: S/MIME plaintext can be leaked through HTML
* Mozilla: Compromised IPC child process can list local filenames
* Mozilla: Invalid data handling during QCMS transformations
* thunderbird: Using form to exfiltrate encrypted mail part by
pressing enter in form field (CVE-2018-12374)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a
CVSS score, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s)
listed in the References section.
Red Hat would like to thank the Mozilla project for reporting these
issues. Upstream acknowledges Alex Gaynor, Christoph Diehl, Christian
Holler, Jason Kratzer, David Major, Jon Coppeard, Nicolas B. Pierron,
Marcia Knous, Ronald Crane, Nils, F. Alonso (revskills), David Black,
and OSS-Fuzz as the original reporters.
SolutionUpdate the affected thunderbird and / or thunderbird-debuginfo