New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 5.9
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis update for tiff fixes the following security issues :
These security issues were fixed :
- CVE-2017-18013: Fixed a NULL pointer dereference in the tif_print.cTIFFPrintDirectory function that could have lead to denial of service (bsc#1074317).
- CVE-2018-10963: Fixed an assertion failure in the TIFFWriteDirectorySec() function in tif_dirwrite.c, which allowed remote attackers to cause a denial of service via a crafted file (bsc#1092949).
- CVE-2018-7456: Prevent a NULL pointer dereference in the function TIFFPrintDirectory when using the tiffinfo tool to print crafted TIFF information, a different vulnerability than CVE-2017-18013 (bsc#1082825).
- CVE-2017-11613: Prevent denial of service in the TIFFOpen function. During the TIFFOpen process, td_imagelength is not checked. The value of td_imagelength can be directly controlled by an input file. In the ChopUpSingleUncompressedStrip function, the
_TIFFCheckMalloc function is called based on td_imagelength. If the value of td_imagelength is set close to the amount of system memory, it will hang the system or trigger the OOM killer (bsc#1082332).
- CVE-2018-8905: Prevent heap-based buffer overflow in the function LZWDecodeCompat via a crafted TIFF file (bsc#1086408).
This update was imported from the SUSE:SLE-15:Update update project.
SolutionUpdate the affected tiff packages.