openSUSE Security Update : tiff (openSUSE-2018-728)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 111099
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis update for tiff fixes the following security issues :
These security issues were fixed :
- CVE-2017-18013: Fixed a NULL pointer dereference in the tif_print.cTIFFPrintDirectory function that could have lead to denial of service (bsc#1074317).
- CVE-2018-10963: Fixed an assertion failure in the TIFFWriteDirectorySec() function in tif_dirwrite.c, which allowed remote attackers to cause a denial of service via a crafted file (bsc#1092949).
- CVE-2018-7456: Prevent a NULL pointer dereference in the function TIFFPrintDirectory when using the tiffinfo tool to print crafted TIFF information, a different vulnerability than CVE-2017-18013 (bsc#1082825).
- CVE-2017-11613: Prevent denial of service in the TIFFOpen function. During the TIFFOpen process, td_imagelength is not checked. The value of td_imagelength can be directly controlled by an input file. In the ChopUpSingleUncompressedStrip function, the
_TIFFCheckMalloc function is called based on td_imagelength. If the value of td_imagelength is set close to the amount of system memory, it will hang the system or trigger the OOM killer (bsc#1082332).
- CVE-2018-8905: Prevent heap-based buffer overflow in the function LZWDecodeCompat via a crafted TIFF file (bsc#1086408).
This update was imported from the SUSE:SLE-15:Update update project.
SolutionUpdate the affected tiff packages.