New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 6.7
SynopsisThe remote Scientific Linux host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThis update upgrades Firefox to version 60.1.0 ESR.
Many older firefox extensions must be updated to work with this new release.
Security Fix(es) :
- Mozilla: Memory safety bugs fixed in Firefox 61, Firefox ESR 60.1, and Firefox ESR 52.9 (CVE-2018-5188)
- Mozilla: Buffer overflow using computed size of canvas element (CVE-2018-12359)
- Mozilla: Use-after-free using focus() (CVE-2018-12360)
- Mozilla: Media recorder segmentation fault when track type is changed during capture (CVE-2018-5156)
- Skia: Heap buffer overflow rasterizing paths in SVG (CVE-2018-6126)
- Mozilla: Integer overflow in SSSE3 scaler (CVE-2018-12362)
- Mozilla: Use-after-free when appending DOM nodes (CVE-2018-12363)
- Mozilla: CSRF attacks through 307 redirects and NPAPI plugins (CVE-2018-12364)
- Mozilla: address bar username and password spoofing in reader mode (CVE-2017-7762)
- Mozilla: Compromised IPC child process can list local filenames (CVE-2018-12365)
- Mozilla: Invalid data handling during QCMS transformations (CVE-2018-12366)
SolutionUpdate the affected firefox and / or firefox-debuginfo packages.