EulerOS 2.0 SP2 : procps-ng (EulerOS-SA-2018-1198)
High Nessus Plugin ID 110862
SynopsisThe remote EulerOS host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the procps-ng package installed, the EulerOS installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- procps-ng, procps: Integer overflows leading to heap overflow in file2strvec (CVE-2018-1124)
- procps-ng, procps: incorrect integer size in proc/alloc.* leading to truncation / integer overflow issues (CVE-2018-1126)
- If the HOME environment variable is unset or empty, top will read its configuration file from the current working directory without any security check. If a user runs top with HOME unset in an attacker-controlled directory, the attacker could achieve privilege escalation by exploiting one of several vulnerabilities in the config_file() function.(CVE-2018-1122)
- Due to incorrect accounting when decoding and escaping Unicode data in procfs, ps is vulnerable to overflowing an mmap()ed region when formatting the process list for display. Since ps maps a guard page at the end of the buffer, impact is limited to a crash.(CVE-2018-1123)
- If an argument longer than INT_MAX bytes is given to pgrep, 'int bytes' could wrap around back to a large positive int (rather than approaching zero), leading to a stack buffer overflow via strncat().(CVE-2018-1125)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected procps-ng packages.