EulerOS 2.0 SP3 : firefox (EulerOS-SA-2018-1189)
High Nessus Plugin ID 110853
SynopsisThe remote EulerOS host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the firefox package installed, the EulerOS installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- An out of bounds write flaw was found in the processing of vorbis audio data. A maliciously crafted file or audio stream could cause the application to crash or, potentially, execute arbitrary code.(CVE-2018-5146)
- Use-after-free in compositor potentially allows code execution (CVE-2018-5148)
- Memory safety bugs fixed in Firefox 60 and Firefox ESR 52.8 (CVE-2018-5150)
- Backport critical security fixes in Skia (CVE-2018-5183)
- Use-after-free with SVG animations and clip paths (CVE-2018-5154)
- Use-after-free with SVG animations and text paths (CVE-2018-5155)
- Same-origin bypass of PDF Viewer to view protected PDF files (CVE-2018-5157)
- Integer overflow and out-of-bounds write in Skia (CVE-2018-5159)
- Lightweight themes can be installed without user interaction (CVE-2018-5168)
- Buffer overflow during UTF-8 to Unicode string conversion through legacy extension (CVE-2018-5178)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected firefox packages.