openSUSE Security Update : tiff (openSUSE-2018-677)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 110802
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis update for tiff fixes the following issues :
These security issues were fixed :
- CVE-2017-18013: There was a NULL pointer Dereference in the tif_print.c TIFFPrintDirectory function, as demonstrated by a tiffinfo crash. (bsc#1074317)
- CVE-2018-10963: The TIFFWriteDirectorySec() function in tif_dirwrite.c allowed remote attackers to cause a denial of service (assertion failure and application crash) via a crafted file, a different vulnerability than CVE-2017-13726. (bsc#1092949)
- CVE-2018-7456: Prevent a NULL pointer dereference in the function TIFFPrintDirectory when using the tiffinfo tool to print crafted TIFF information, a different vulnerability than CVE-2017-18013 (bsc#1082825)
- CVE-2017-11613: Prevent denial of service in the TIFFOpen function. During the TIFFOpen process, td_imagelength is not checked. The value of td_imagelength can be directly controlled by an input file. In the ChopUpSingleUncompressedStrip function, the
_TIFFCheckMalloc function is called based on td_imagelength. If the value of td_imagelength is set close to the amount of system memory, it will hang the system or trigger the OOM killer (bsc#1082332)
- CVE-2018-8905: Prevent heap-based buffer overflow in the function LZWDecodeCompat via a crafted TIFF file (bsc#1086408)
- CVE-2016-8331: Prevent remote code execution because of incorrect handling of TIFF images. A crafted TIFF document could have lead to a type confusion vulnerability resulting in remote code execution. This vulnerability could have been be triggered via a TIFF file delivered to the application using LibTIFF's tag extension functionality (bsc#1007276)
- CVE-2016-3632: The _TIFFVGetField function allowed remote attackers to cause a denial of service (out-of-bounds write) or execute arbitrary code via a crafted TIFF image (bsc#974621)
This update was imported from the SUSE:SLE-12:Update update project.
SolutionUpdate the affected tiff packages.