New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 5.9
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis update for tiff fixes the following issues :
These security issues were fixed :
- CVE-2017-18013: There was a NULL pointer Dereference in the tif_print.c TIFFPrintDirectory function, as demonstrated by a tiffinfo crash. (bsc#1074317)
- CVE-2018-10963: The TIFFWriteDirectorySec() function in tif_dirwrite.c allowed remote attackers to cause a denial of service (assertion failure and application crash) via a crafted file, a different vulnerability than CVE-2017-13726. (bsc#1092949)
- CVE-2018-7456: Prevent a NULL pointer dereference in the function TIFFPrintDirectory when using the tiffinfo tool to print crafted TIFF information, a different vulnerability than CVE-2017-18013 (bsc#1082825)
- CVE-2017-11613: Prevent denial of service in the TIFFOpen function. During the TIFFOpen process, td_imagelength is not checked. The value of td_imagelength can be directly controlled by an input file. In the ChopUpSingleUncompressedStrip function, the
_TIFFCheckMalloc function is called based on td_imagelength. If the value of td_imagelength is set close to the amount of system memory, it will hang the system or trigger the OOM killer (bsc#1082332)
- CVE-2018-8905: Prevent heap-based buffer overflow in the function LZWDecodeCompat via a crafted TIFF file (bsc#1086408)
- CVE-2016-8331: Prevent remote code execution because of incorrect handling of TIFF images. A crafted TIFF document could have lead to a type confusion vulnerability resulting in remote code execution. This vulnerability could have been be triggered via a TIFF file delivered to the application using LibTIFF's tag extension functionality (bsc#1007276)
- CVE-2016-3632: The _TIFFVGetField function allowed remote attackers to cause a denial of service (out-of-bounds write) or execute arbitrary code via a crafted TIFF image (bsc#974621)
This update was imported from the SUSE:SLE-12:Update update project.
SolutionUpdate the affected tiff packages.