SynopsisThe remote Red Hat host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionAn update for firefox is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Critical. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Mozilla Firefox is an open source web browser, designed for standards compliance, performance, and portability.
This update upgrades Firefox to version 60.1.0 ESR.
Security Fix(es) :
* Mozilla: Memory safety bugs fixed in Firefox 61, Firefox ESR 60.1, and Firefox ESR 52.9 (CVE-2018-5188)
* Mozilla: Buffer overflow using computed size of canvas element (CVE-2018-12359)
* Mozilla: Use-after-free using focus() (CVE-2018-12360)
* Mozilla: Media recorder segmentation fault when track type is changed during capture (CVE-2018-5156)
* Skia: Heap buffer overflow rasterizing paths in SVG (CVE-2018-6126)
* Mozilla: Integer overflow in SSSE3 scaler (CVE-2018-12362)
* Mozilla: Use-after-free when appending DOM nodes (CVE-2018-12363)
* Mozilla: CSRF attacks through 307 redirects and NPAPI plugins (CVE-2018-12364)
* Mozilla: address bar username and password spoofing in reader mode (CVE-2017-7762)
* Mozilla: Compromised IPC child process can list local filenames (CVE-2018-12365)
* Mozilla: Invalid data handling during QCMS transformations (CVE-2018-12366)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Red Hat would like to thank the Mozilla project for reporting these issues. Upstream acknowledges Alex Gaynor, Christoph Diehl, Christian Holler, Jason Kratzer, David Major, Jon Coppeard, Nicolas B. Pierron, Marcia Knous, Ronald Crane, Nils, F. Alonso (revskills), David Black, and OSS-Fuzz as the original reporters.
SolutionUpdate the affected firefox and / or firefox-debuginfo packages.