EulerOS 2.0 SP3 : libtiff (EulerOS-SA-2018-1165)
High Nessus Plugin ID 110741
SynopsisThe remote EulerOS host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the libtiff packages installed, the EulerOS installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- Off-by-one error in the t2p_readwrite_pdf_image_tile function in tools/tiff2pdf.c in LibTIFF 4.0.7 allows remote attackers to have unspecified impact via a crafted image.(CVE-2016-10094)
- Integer overflow in tools/tiffcp.c in LibTIFF 4.0.7 allows remote attackers to have unspecified impact via a crafted image, which triggers a heap-based buffer overflow.(CVE-2016-10093)
- LibTIFF version 4.0.7 is vulnerable to a heap buffer overflow in the tools/tiffcp resulting in DoS or code execution via a crafted BitsPerSample value.(CVE-2017-5225)
- Integer overflow in the writeBufferToSeparateStrips function in tiffcrop.c in LibTIFF before 4.0.7 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (out-of-bounds read) via a crafted tif file.(CVE-2016-9532)
- The TIFFReadRawStrip1 and TIFFReadRawTile1 functions in tif_read.c in libtiff before 4.0.7 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (crash) or possibly obtain sensitive information via a negative index in a file-content buffer.(CVE-2016-6223)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected libtiff packages.