New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 6.7
SynopsisThe remote Red Hat host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionAn update for jboss-ec2-eap is now available for Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6.4 for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
The jboss-ec2-eap packages provide scripts for Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform running on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2).
With this update, the jboss-ec2-eap package has been updated to ensure compatibility with Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6.4.19.
Security Fix(es) :
* jackson-databind: Unsafe deserialization due to incomplete black list (incomplete fix for CVE-2017-7525) (CVE-2017-15095)
* jackson-databind: Unsafe deserialization due to incomplete black list (incomplete fix for CVE-2017-15095) (CVE-2017-17485)
* slf4j: Deserialisation vulnerability in EventData constructor can allow for arbitrary code execution (CVE-2018-8088)
* Apache ActiveMQ Artemis: Deserialization of untrusted input vulnerability (CVE-2016-4978)
* solr: Directory traversal via Index Replication HTTP API (CVE-2017-3163)
* tomcat: Incorrect handling of empty string URL in security constraints can lead to unintended exposure of resources (CVE-2018-1304)
* jackson-databind: incomplete fix for CVE-2017-7525 permits unsafe serialization via c3p0 libraries (CVE-2018-7489)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Red Hat would like to thank Liao Xinxi (NSFOCUS) for reporting CVE-2017-15095; 0c0c0f from 360Guan Xing Shi Yan Shi for reporting CVE-2017-17485; and Chris McCown for reporting CVE-2018-8088.
SolutionUpdate the affected jboss-ec2-eap and / or jboss-ec2-eap-samples packages.