SynopsisThe remote Red Hat host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionAn update for jboss-ec2-eap is now available for Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6.4 for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
The jboss-ec2-eap packages provide scripts for Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform running on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2).
With this update, the jboss-ec2-eap package has been updated to ensure compatibility with Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6.4.19.
Security Fix(es) :
* jackson-databind: Unsafe deserialization due to incomplete black list (incomplete fix for CVE-2017-7525) (CVE-2017-15095)
* jackson-databind: Unsafe deserialization due to incomplete black list (incomplete fix for CVE-2017-15095) (CVE-2017-17485)
* slf4j: Deserialisation vulnerability in EventData constructor can allow for arbitrary code execution (CVE-2018-8088)
* Apache ActiveMQ Artemis: Deserialization of untrusted input vulnerability (CVE-2016-4978)
* solr: Directory traversal via Index Replication HTTP API (CVE-2017-3163)
* tomcat: Incorrect handling of empty string URL in security constraints can lead to unintended exposure of resources (CVE-2018-1304)
* jackson-databind: incomplete fix for CVE-2017-7525 permits unsafe serialization via c3p0 libraries (CVE-2018-7489)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Red Hat would like to thank Liao Xinxi (NSFOCUS) for reporting CVE-2017-15095; 0c0c0f from 360Guan Xing Shi Yan Shi for reporting CVE-2017-17485; and Chris McCown for reporting CVE-2018-8088.
SolutionUpdate the affected jboss-ec2-eap and / or jboss-ec2-eap-samples packages.