New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 6.7
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis update for Mozilla Firefox to 52.8.0 ESR fixes the following issues: Security issssue fixed: (bsc#1092548, MFSA 2018-12) :
- CVE-2018-5183: Backport critical security fixes in Skia
- CVE-2018-5154: Use-after-free with SVG animations and clip paths
- CVE-2018-5155: Use-after-free with SVG animations and text paths
- CVE-2018-5157: Same-origin bypass of PDF Viewer to view protected PDF files
- CVE-2018-5159: Integer overflow and out-of-bounds write in Skia
- CVE-2018-5168: Lightweight themes can be installed without user interaction
- CVE-2018-5178: Buffer overflow during UTF-8 to Unicode string conversion through legacy extension
- CVE-2018-5150: Memory safety bugs fixed in Firefox 60 and Firefox ESR 52.8 The following non-security changes are included :
- Various stability and regression fixes
- Performance improvements to the Safe Browsing service to avoid slowdowns while updating site classification data
SolutionUpdate the affected Mozilla Firefox packages.