New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 7.4
SynopsisThe remote Red Hat host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionAn update for kernel is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
The kernel packages contain the Linux kernel, the core of any Linux operating system.
Security Fix(es) :
* hw: cpu: speculative execution permission faults handling (CVE-2017-5754, Important, KVM for Power)
* kernel: Buffer overflow in firewire driver via crafted incoming packets (CVE-2016-8633, Important)
* kernel: Use-after-free vulnerability in DCCP socket (CVE-2017-8824, Important)
* Kernel: kvm: nVMX: L2 guest could access hardware(L0) CR8 register (CVE-2017-12154, Important)
* kernel: v4l2: disabled memory access protection mechanism allowing privilege escalation (CVE-2017-13166, Important)
* kernel: media: use-after-free in [tuner-xc2028] media driver (CVE-2016-7913, Moderate)
* kernel: drm/vmwgfx: fix integer overflow in vmw_surface_define_ioctl() (CVE-2017-7294, Moderate)
* kernel: Incorrect type conversion for size during dma allocation (CVE-2017-9725, Moderate)
* kernel: memory leak when merging buffers in SCSI IO vectors (CVE-2017-12190, Moderate)
* kernel: vfs: BUG in truncate_inode_pages_range() and fuse client (CVE-2017-15121, Moderate)
* kernel: Use-after-free in userfaultfd_event_wait_completion function in userfaultfd.c (CVE-2017-15126, Moderate)
* kernel: net: double-free and memory corruption in get_net_ns_by_id() (CVE-2017-15129, Moderate)
* kernel: Use-after-free in snd_seq_ioctl_create_port() (CVE-2017-15265, Moderate)
* kernel: Missing capabilities check in net/netfilter/nfnetlink_cthelper.c allows for unprivileged access to systemwide nfnl_cthelper_list structure (CVE-2017-17448, Moderate)
* kernel: Missing namespace check in net/netlink/af_netlink.c allows for network monitors to observe systemwide activity (CVE-2017-17449, Moderate)
* kernel: Unallocated memory access by malicious USB device via bNumInterfaces overflow (CVE-2017-17558, Moderate)
* kernel: netfilter: use-after-free in tcpmss_mangle_packet function in net/ netfilter/xt_TCPMSS.c (CVE-2017-18017, Moderate)
* kernel: Race condition in drivers/md/dm.c:dm_get_from_kobject() allows local users to cause a denial of service (CVE-2017-18203, Moderate)
* kernel: kvm: Reachable BUG() on out-of-bounds guest IRQ (CVE-2017-1000252, Moderate)
* Kernel: KVM: DoS via write flood to I/O port 0x80 (CVE-2017-1000407, Moderate)
* kernel: Stack information leak in the EFS element (CVE-2017-1000410, Moderate)
* kernel: Kernel address information leak in drivers/acpi/ sbshc.c:acpi_smbus_hc_add() function potentially allowing KASLR bypass (CVE-2018-5750, Moderate)
* kernel: Race condition in sound system can lead to denial of service (CVE-2018-1000004, Moderate)
* kernel: multiple Low security impact security issues (CVE-2016-3672, CVE-2017-14140, CVE-2017-15116, CVE-2017-15127, CVE-2018-6927, Low)
Red Hat would like to thank Eyal Itkin for reporting CVE-2016-8633;
Google Project Zero for reporting CVE-2017-5754; Mohamed Ghannam for reporting CVE-2017-8824; Jim Mattson (Google.com) for reporting CVE-2017-12154; Vitaly Mayatskih for reporting CVE-2017-12190; Andrea Arcangeli (Engineering) for reporting CVE-2017-15126; Kirill Tkhai for reporting CVE-2017-15129; Jan H. Schonherr (Amazon) for reporting CVE-2017-1000252; and Armis Labs for reporting CVE-2017-1000410. The CVE-2017-15121 issue was discovered by Miklos Szeredi (Red Hat) and the CVE-2017-15116 issue was discovered by ChunYu Wang (Red Hat).
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Additional Changes :
For detailed information on changes in this release, see the Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.5 Release Notes linked from the References section.
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.