New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 4.4
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis update for wireshark fixes the following issues :
Minor vulnerabilities that could be used to trigger dissector crashes or cause dissectors to go into large infinite loops by making Wireshark read specially crafted packages from the network or capture files (boo#1088200) :
- CVE-2018-9264: ADB dissector crash
- CVE-2018-9260: IEEE 802.15.4 dissector crash
- CVE-2018-9261: NBAP dissector crash
- CVE-2018-9262: VLAN dissector crash
- CVE-2018-9256: LWAPP dissector crash
- CVE-2018-9263: Kerberos dissector crash
- CVE-2018-9259: MP4 dissector crash
- Memory leaks in multiple dissectors: CVE-2018-9265, CVE-2018-9266, CVE-2018-9267, CVE-2018-9268, CVE-2018-9269, CVE-2018-9270, CVE-2018-9271, CVE-2018-9272, CVE-2018-9273, CVE-2018-9274
This update also contains all upstream bug fixes and updated protocol support as listed in :
SolutionUpdate the affected wireshark packages.