SynopsisThe remote Red Hat host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionAn update for thunderbird is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
Mozilla Thunderbird is a standalone mail and newsgroup client.
This update upgrades Thunderbird to version 52.7.0.
Security Fix(es) :
* Mozilla: Memory safety bugs fixed in Firefox 59 and Firefox ESR 52.7 (MFSA 2018-07) (CVE-2018-5125)
* Mozilla: Memory safety bugs fixed in Firefox ESR 52.7 (MFSA 2018-07) (CVE-2018-5145)
* Mozilla: Vorbis audio processing out of bounds write (MFSA 2018-08) (CVE-2018-5146)
* Mozilla: Buffer overflow manipulating SVG animatedPathSegList (MFSA 2018-07) (CVE-2018-5127)
* Mozilla: Out-of-bounds write with malformed IPC messages (MFSA 2018-07) (CVE-2018-5129)
* Mozilla: Integer overflow during Unicode conversion (MFSA 2018-07) (CVE-2018-5144)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Red Hat would like to thank the Mozilla project for reporting these issues. Upstream acknowledges Bob Clary, Olli Pettay, Christian Holler, Nils Ohlmeier, Randell Jesup, Tyson Smith, Ralph Giles, Philipp, Jet Villegas, Richard Zhu via Trend Micro's Zero Day Initiative, Nils, James Grant, and Root Object as the original reporters.
SolutionUpdate the affected thunderbird and / or thunderbird-debuginfo packages.