openSUSE Security Update : docker / docker-runc / containerd / etc (openSUSE-2018-152)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 106705
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis update for docker, docker-runc, containerd, golang-github-docker-libnetwork fixes several issues.
These security issues were fixed :
- CVE-2017-16539: The DefaultLinuxSpec function in oci/defaults.go docker did not block /proc/scsi pathnames, which allowed attackers to trigger data loss (when certain older Linux kernels are used) by leveraging Docker container access to write a 'scsi remove-single-device' line to /proc/scsi/scsi, aka SCSI MICDROP (bnc#1066801)
- CVE-2017-14992: Lack of content verification in docker allowed a remote attacker to cause a Denial of Service via a crafted image layer payload, aka gzip bombing.
These non-security issues were fixed :
- bsc#1059011: The systemd service helper script used a timeout of 60 seconds to start the daemon, which is insufficient in cases where the daemon takes longer to start. Instead, set the service type from 'simple' to 'notify' and remove the now superfluous helper script.
- bsc#1057743: New requirement with new version of docker-libnetwork.
- bsc#1032287: Missing docker systemd configuration.
- bsc#1057743: New 'symbol' for libnetwork requirement.
- bsc#1057743: Update secrets patch to handle 'old' containers that have orphaned secret data no longer available on the host.
- bsc#1055676: Update patches to correctly handle volumes and mounts when Docker is running with user namespaces enabled.
- bsc#1045628:: Add patch to make the dm storage driver remove a container's rootfs mountpoint before attempting to do libdm operations on it. This helps avoid complications when live mounts will leak into containers.
- bsc#1069758: Upgrade Docker to v17.09.1_ce (and obsolete docker-image-migrator).
- bsc#1021227: bsc#1029320 bsc#1058173 -- Enable docker devicemapper support for deferred removal/deletion within Containers module.
- bsc#1046024: Correct interaction between Docker and SuSEFirewall2, to avoid breaking Docker networking after boot.
- bsc#1048046: Build with -buildmode=pie to make all binaries PIC.
- bsc#1072798: Remove dependency on obsolete bridge-utils.
- bsc#1064926: Set --start-timeout=2m by default to match upstream.
- bsc#1065109, bsc#1053532: Use the upstream makefile so that Docker can get the commit ID in `docker info`.
Please note that the 'docker-runc' package is just a rename of the old 'runc' package to match that we now ship the Docker fork of runc. This update was imported from the SUSE:SLE-12:Update update project.
SolutionUpdate the affected docker / docker-runc / containerd / etc packages.