SUSE SLED12 / SLES12 Security Update : libvirt (SUSE-SU-2018:0385-1)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 106674
SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThis update for libvirt provides several fixes. This security issue was fixed :
- CVE-2018-5748: Prevent resource exhaustion via qemuMonitorIORead() method which allowed to cause DoS (bsc#1076500). These security issues were fixed :
- Add a qemu hook script providing functionality similar to Xen's block-dmmd script. (fate#324177)
- schema: Make disk driver name attribute optional.
- virt-create-rootfs: Handle all SLE 12 versions.
- libvirt-guests: Fix the 'stop' operation when action is 'suspend'. (bsc#1070130)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionTo install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Workstation Extension 12-SP2:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-WE-12-SP2-2018-272=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 12-SP2:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SDK-12-SP2-2018-272=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for Raspberry Pi 12-SP2:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-RPI-12-SP2-2018-272=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP2:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-SP2-2018-272=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12-SP2:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-DESKTOP-12-SP2-2018-272=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.