openSUSE Security Update : systemd (openSUSE-2018-117)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 106548
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis update for systemd fixes several issues.
This security issue was fixed :
- CVE-2018-1049: Prevent race that can lead to DoS when using automounts (bsc#1076308).
These non-security issues were fixed :
- core: don't choke if a unit another unit triggers vanishes during reload
- delta: don't ignore PREFIX when the given argument is PREFIX/SUFFIX
- delta: extend skip logic to work on full directory paths (prefix+suffix) (bsc#1070428)
- delta: check if a prefix needs to be skipped only once
- delta: skip symlink paths when split-usr is enabled (#4591)
- sysctl: use raw file descriptor in sysctl_write (#7753)
- sd-netlink: don't take possesion of netlink fd from caller on failure (bsc#1074254)
- Fix the regexp used to detect broken by-id symlinks in /etc/crypttab It was missing the following case:
- sysctl: disable buffer while writing to /proc (bsc#1071558)
- Use read_line() and LONG_LINE_MAX to read values configuration files. (bsc#1071558)
- sysctl: no need to check for eof twice
- def: add new constant LONG_LINE_MAX
- fileio: add new helper call read_line() as bounded getline() replacement
- service: Don't stop unneeded units needed by restarted service (#7526) (bsc#1066156)
- gpt-auto-generator: fix the handling of the value returned by fstab_has_fstype() in add_swap() (#6280)
- gpt-auto-generator: disable gpt auto logic for swaps if at least one is defined in fstab (bsc#897422)
- fstab-util: introduce fstab_has_fstype() helper
- fstab-generator: ignore root=/dev/nfs (#3591)
- fstab-generator: don't process root= if it happens to be 'gpt-auto' (#3452)
- virt: use XENFEAT_dom0 to detect the hardware domain (#6442, #6662) (#7581) (bsc#1048510)
- analyze: replace --no-man with --man=no in the man page (bsc#1068251)
- udev: net_setup_link: don't error out when we couldn't apply link config (#7328)
- Add missing /etc/systemd/network directory
- Fix parsing of features in detect_vm_xen_dom0 (#7890) (bsc#1048510)
- sd-bus: use -- when passing arguments to ssh (#6706)
- systemctl: make sure we terminate the bus connection first, and then close the pager (#3550)
- sd-bus: bump message queue size (bsc#1075724)
- tmpfiles: downgrade warning about duplicate line
This update was imported from the SUSE:SLE-12-SP2:Update update project.
SolutionUpdate the affected systemd packages.