openSUSE Security Update : MozillaFirefox (openSUSE-2018-85)
High Nessus Plugin ID 106324
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis update for MozillaFirefox fixes the following issues :
- update to Firefox 52.6esr (boo#1077291) MFSA 2018-01
- Speculative execution side-channel attack ('Spectre') MFSA 2018-03
- CVE-2018-5091 (bmo#1423086) Use-after-free with DTMF timers
- CVE-2018-5095 (bmo#1418447) Integer overflow in Skia library during edge builder allocation
- CVE-2018-5096 (bmo#1418922) Use-after-free while editing form elements
- CVE-2018-5097 (bmo#1387427) Use-after-free when source document is manipulated during XSLT
- CVE-2018-5098 (bmo#1399400) Use-after-free while manipulating form input elements
- CVE-2018-5099 (bmo#1416878) Use-after-free with widget listener
- CVE-2018-5102 (bmo#1419363) Use-after-free in HTML media elements
- CVE-2018-5103 (bmo#1423159) Use-after-free during mouse event handling
- CVE-2018-5104 (bmo#1425000) Use-after-free during font face manipulation
- CVE-2018-5117 (bmo#1395508) URL spoofing with right-to-left text aligned left-to-right
- CVE-2018-5089 Memory safety bugs fixed in Firefox 58 and Firefox ESR 52.6
- Added additional patches and configurations to fix builds on s390 and PowerPC.
- Added firefox-glibc-getrandom.patch effecting builds on s390 and PowerPC
- Added mozilla-s390-bigendian.patch along with icudt58b.dat bigendian ICU data file for running Firefox on bigendian architectures (bmo#1322212 and bmo#1264836)
- Added mozilla-s390-nojit.patch to enable atomic operations used by the JS engine when JIT is disabled on s390
- Build configuration options specific to s390
- Requires NSS >= 3.29.5
SolutionUpdate the affected MozillaFirefox packages.