New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 6.7
SynopsisThe remote EulerOS host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the kernel packages installed, the EulerOS installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- The XFRM dump policy implementation in net/xfrm/xfrm_user.c in the Linux kernel before 4.13.11 allows local users to gain privileges or cause a denial of service (use-after-free) via a crafted SO_RCVBUF setsockopt system call in conjunction with XFRM_MSG_GETPOLICY Netlink messages.(CVE-2017-16939)
- The bio_map_user_iov and bio_unmap_user functions in block/bio.c in the Linux kernel before 4.13.8 do unbalanced refcounting when a SCSI I/O vector has small consecutive buffers belonging to the same page. The bio_add_pc_page function merges them into one, but the page reference is never dropped. This causes a memory leak and possible system lockup (exploitable against the host OS by a guest OS user, if a SCSI disk is passed through to a virtual machine) due to an out-of-memory condition.(CVE-2017-12190)
- The assoc_array_insert_into_terminal_node function in lib/assoc_array.c in the Linux kernel before 4.13.11 mishandles node splitting, which allows local users to cause a denial of service (NULL pointer dereference and panic) via a crafted application, as demonstrated by the keyring key type, and key addition and link creation operations.(CVE-2017-12193)
- The ip6_find_1stfragopt function in net/ipv6/output_core.c in the Linux kernel through 4.12.3 allows local users to cause a denial of service (integer overflow and infinite loop) by leveraging the ability to open a raw socket.(CVE-2017-7542)
- The bnep_add_connection function in net/bluetooth/bnep/core.c in the Linux kernel before 3.19 does not ensure that an l2cap socket is available, which allows local users to gain privileges via a crafted application.(CVE-2017-15868)
- The dccp_disconnect function in net/dccp/proto.c in the Linux kernel through 4.14.3 allows local users to gain privileges or cause a denial of service (use-after-free) via an AF_UNSPEC connect system call during the DCCP_LISTEN state.(CVE-2017-8824)
- net/netfilter/nfnetlink_cthelper.c in the Linux kernel through 4.14.4 does not require the CAP_NET_ADMIN capability for new, get, and del operations, which allows local users to bypass intended access restrictions because the nfnl_cthelper_list data structure is shared across all net namespaces.(CVE-2017-17448)
- The __netlink_deliver_tap_skb function in net/netlink/af_netlink.c in the Linux kernel through 4.14.4, when CONFIG_NLMON is enabled, does not restrict observations of Netlink messages to a single net namespace, which allows local users to obtain sensitive information by leveraging the CAP_NET_ADMIN capability to sniff an nlmon interface for all Netlink activity on the system.(CVE-2017-17449)
- net/netfilter/xt_osf.c in the Linux kernel through 4.14.4 does not require the CAP_NET_ADMIN capability for add_callback and remove_callback operations, which allows local users to bypass intended access restrictions because the xt_osf_fingers data structure is shared across all net namespaces.(CVE-2017-17450)
- The usb_destroy_configuration function in drivers/usb/core/config.c in the USB core subsystem in the Linux kernel through 4.14.5 does not consider the maximum number of configurations and interfaces before attempting to release resources, which allows local users to cause a denial of service (out-of-bounds write access) or possibly have unspecified other impact via a crafted USB device.(CVE-2017-17558)
- The Salsa20 encryption algorithm in the Linux kernel before 4.14.8 does not correctly handle zero-length inputs, allowing a local attacker able to use the AF_ALG-based skcipher interface (CONFIG_CRYPTO_USER_API_SKCIPHER) to cause a denial of service (uninitialized-memory free and kernel crash) or have unspecified other impact by executing a crafted sequence of system calls that use the blkcipher_walk API. Both the generic implementation (crypto/salsa20_generic.c) and x86 implementation (arch/x86/crypto/salsa20_glue.c) of Salsa20 were vulnerable.(CVE-2017-17805)
- The HMAC implementation (crypto/hmac.c) in the Linux kernel before 4.14.8 does not validate that the underlying cryptographic hash algorithm is unkeyed, allowing a local attacker able to use the AF_ALG-based hash interface (CONFIG_CRYPTO_USER_API_HASH) and the SHA-3 hash algorithm (CONFIG_CRYPTO_SHA3) to cause a kernel stack buffer overflow by executing a crafted sequence of system calls that encounter a missing SHA-3 initialization.(CVE-2017-17806)
- he KEYS subsystem in the Linux kernel before 4.14.6 omitted an access-control check when adding a key to the current task's 'default request-key keyring' via the request_key() system call, allowing a local user to use a sequence of crafted system calls to add keys to a keyring with only Search permission (not Write permission) to that keyring, related to construct_get_dest_keyring() in security/keys/request_key.c.(CVE-2017-17807)
- The Linux Kernel 2.6.32 and later are affected by a denial of service, by flooding the diagnostic port 0x80 an exception can be triggered leading to a kernel panic.(CVE-2017-1000407)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected kernel packages.