New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 7.3
SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThis update for xen fixes several issues. These security issues were fixed :
- bsc#1068187: Failure to recognize errors in the Populate on Demand (PoD) code allowed for DoS (XSA-246)
- bsc#1068191: Missing p2m error checking in PoD code allowed unprivileged guests to retain a writable mapping of freed memory leading to information leaks, privilege escalation or DoS (XSA-247).
- CVE-2017-15289: The mode4and5 write functions allowed local OS guest privileged users to cause a denial of service (out-of-bounds write access and Qemu process crash) via vectors related to dst calculation (bsc#1063123)
- CVE-2017-15597: A grant copy operation being done on a grant of a dying domain allowed a malicious guest administrator to corrupt hypervisor memory, allowing for DoS or potentially privilege escalation and information leaks (bsc#1061075).
- CVE-2017-15595: x86 PV guest OS users were able to cause a DoS (unbounded recursion, stack consumption, and hypervisor crash) or possibly gain privileges via crafted page-table stacking (bsc#1061081).
- CVE-2017-15592: x86 HVM guest OS users were able to cause a DoS (hypervisor crash) or possibly gain privileges because self-linear shadow mappings were mishandled for translated guests (bsc#1061086).
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionTo install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11-SP3-LTSS:zypper in -t patch slessp3-xen-13366=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Point of Sale 11-SP3:zypper in -t patch sleposp3-xen-13366=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Debuginfo 11-SP3:zypper in -t patch dbgsp3-xen-13366=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.