openSUSE Security Update : xen (openSUSE-2017-1239)
High Nessus Plugin ID 104349
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis update for xen fixes several issues :
These security issues were fixed :
- CVE-2017-5526: The ES1370 audio device emulation support was vulnerable to a memory leakage issue allowing a privileged user inside the guest to cause a DoS and/or potentially crash the Qemu process on the host (bsc#1059777)
- CVE-2017-15593: Missing cleanup in the page type system allowed a malicious or buggy PV guest to cause DoS (XSA-242 bsc#1061084)
- CVE-2017-15592: A problem in the shadow pagetable code allowed a malicious or buggy HVM guest to cause DoS or cause hypervisor memory corruption potentially allowing the guest to escalate its privilege (XSA-243 bsc#1061086)
- CVE-2017-15594: Problematic handling of the selector fields in the Interrupt Descriptor Table (IDT) allowed a malicious or buggy x86 PV guest to escalate its privileges or cause DoS (XSA-244 bsc#1061087)
- CVE-2017-15591: Missing checks in the handling of DMOPs allowed malicious or buggy stub domain kernels or tool stacks otherwise living outside of Domain0 to cause a DoS (XSA-238 bsc#1061077)
- CVE-2017-15589: Intercepted I/O write operations with less than a full machine word's worth of data were not properly handled, which allowed a malicious unprivileged x86 HVM guest to obtain sensitive information from the host or other guests (XSA-239 bsc#1061080)
- CVE-2017-15595: In certain configurations of linear page tables a stack overflow might have occured that allowed a malicious or buggy PV guest to cause DoS and potentially privilege escalation and information leaks (XSA-240 bsc#1061081)
- CVE-2017-15588: Under certain conditions x86 PV guests could have caused the hypervisor to miss a necessary TLB flush for a page. This allowed a malicious x86 PV guest to access all of system memory, allowing for privilege escalation, DoS, and information leaks (XSA-241 bsc#1061082)
- CVE-2017-15590: Multiple issues existed with the setup of PCI MSI interrupts that allowed a malicious or buggy guest to cause DoS and potentially privilege escalation and information leaks (XSA-237 bsc#1061076)
This non-security issue was fixed :
- bsc#1057358: Fixed boot when secure boot is enabled
This update was imported from the SUSE:SLE-12-SP2:Update update project.
SolutionUpdate the affected xen packages.