Fedora 26 : 1:wpa_supplicant (2017-60bfb576b7) (KRACK)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 103896
SynopsisThe remote Fedora host is missing a security update.
DescriptionFix the for the Key Reinstallation Attacks ==========================================
- hostapd: Avoid key reinstallation in FT handshake (CVE-2017-13082)
- Fix PTK rekeying to generate a new ANonce
- Prevent reinstallation of an already in-use group key and extend protection of GTK/IGTK reinstallation of WNM-Sleep Mode cases (CVE-2017-13078, CVE-2017-13079, CVE-2017-13080, CVE-2017-13081, CVE-2017-13087, CVE-2017-13088)
- Prevent installation of an all-zero TK
- TDLS: Reject TPK-TK reconfiguration
- WNM: Ignore WNM-Sleep Mode Response without pending request
- FT: Do not allow multiple Reassociation Response frames
Details and the paper: https://www.krackattacks.com/
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the Fedora update system website.
Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected 1:wpa_supplicant package.