SUSE SLED12 / SLES12 Security Update : wireshark (SUSE-SU-2017:2555-1)
High Nessus Plugin ID 103455
SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThis update for wireshark to version 2.2.9 fixes several issues. These security issues were fixed :
- CVE-2017-13767: The MSDP dissector could have gone into an infinite loop. This was addressed by adding length validation (bsc#1056248).
- CVE-2017-13766: The Profinet I/O dissector could have crash with an out-of-bounds write. This was addressed by adding string validation (bsc#1056249).
- CVE-2017-13765: The IrCOMM dissector had a buffer over-read and application crash. This was addressed by adding length validation (bsc#1056251).
- CVE-2017-9766: PROFINET IO data with a high recursion depth allowed remote attackers to cause a denial of service (stack exhaustion) in the dissect_IODWriteReq function (bsc#1045341).
- CVE-2017-9617: Deeply nested DAAP data may have cause stack exhaustion (uncontrolled recursion) in the dissect_daap_one_tag function in the DAAP dissector (bsc#1044417).
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionTo install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 12-SP3:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SDK-12-SP3-2017-1583=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 12-SP2:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SDK-12-SP2-2017-1583=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for Raspberry Pi 12-SP2:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-RPI-12-SP2-2017-1583=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP3:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-SP3-2017-1583=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP2:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-SP2-2017-1583=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12-SP3:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-DESKTOP-12-SP3-2017-1583=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12-SP2:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-DESKTOP-12-SP2-2017-1583=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.