SUSE SLES12 Security Update : Recommended update for apache2 (SUSE-SU-2017:2449-1)
High Nessus Plugin ID 103215
SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThis update for apache2 provides the following fixes: Security issues fixed :
- CVE-2017-9788: The value placeholder in [Proxy-]Authorization headers of type 'Digest' was not initialized or reset before or between successive key=value assignments by mod_auth_digest. Providing an initial key with no '=' assignment could reflect the stale value of uninitialized pool memory used by the prior request, leading to leakage of potentially confidential information, and a segfault in other cases resulting in denial of service. (bsc#1048576)
- CVE-2017-7679: mod_mime could have read one byte past the end of a buffer when sending a malicious Content-Type response header leading to information leak or crash. (bsc#1045060)
- CVE-2017-3169: mod_ssl may have dereferenced a NULL pointer when third-party modules call ap_hook_process_connection() during an HTTP request to an HTTPS port leading to crash. (bsc#1045062)
- CVE-2017-3167: Use of the ap_get_basic_auth_pw() by third-party modules outside of the authentication phase may have lead to authentication requirements being bypassed. (bsc#1045065) Non-security issues fixed :
- Re-order cipher suites to keep exclusion list at the end. (bsc#1043484, bsc#1043607)
- Remove /usr/bin/http2 link only during apache2 package uninstall, not upgrade. (bsc#1041830)
- In gensslcert, use hostname when fqdn is too long.
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionTo install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE OpenStack Cloud 6:zypper in -t patch SUSE-OpenStack-Cloud-6-2017-1510=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP 12-SP1:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SAP-12-SP1-2017-1510=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP1-LTSS:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-SP1-2017-1510=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.