New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 6.7
SynopsisThe remote EulerOS host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the glibc packages installed, the EulerOS installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- A stack overflow vulnerability was found in nan* functions that could cause applications, which process long strings with the nan function, to crash or, potentially, execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2014-9761)
- It was found that out-of-range time values passed to the strftime() function could result in an out-of-bounds memory access. This could lead to application crash or, potentially, information disclosure. (CVE-2015-8776)
- An integer overflow vulnerability was found in hcreate() and hcreate_r() functions which could result in an out-of-bounds memory access. This could lead to application crash or, potentially, arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2015-8778)
- A stack based buffer overflow vulnerability was found in the catopen() function. An excessively long string passed to the function could cause it to crash or, potentially, execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2015-8779)
- It was found that the dynamic loader did not sanitize the LD_POINTER_GUARD environment variable. An attacker could use this flaw to bypass the pointer guarding protection on set-user-ID or set-group-ID programs to execute arbitrary code with the permissions of the user running the application. (CVE-2015-8777)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected glibc packages.