SUSE SLED12 / SLES12 Security Update : libzypp, zypper (SUSE-SU-2017:2344-1)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 102955
SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThe Software Update Stack was updated to receive fixes and enhancements. libzypp :
- Adapt to work with GnuPG 2.1.23. (bsc#1054088)
- Support signing with subkeys. (bsc#1008325)
- Enhance sort order for media.1/products. (bsc#1054671) zypper :
- Also show a gpg key's subkeys. (bsc#1008325)
- Improve signature check callback messages. (bsc#1045735)
- Add options to tune the GPG check settings.
- Adapt download callback to report and handle unsigned packages. (bsc#1038984, CVE-2017-7436)
- Report missing/optional files as 'not found' rather than 'error'. (bsc#1047785)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionTo install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 12-SP3:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SDK-12-SP3-2017-1447=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP3:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-SP3-2017-1447=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12-SP3:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-DESKTOP-12-SP3-2017-1447=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.