SUSE SLES12 Security Update : quagga (SUSE-SU-2017:2294-1)
High Nessus Plugin ID 102841
SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThis update provides Quagga 1.1.1, which brings several fixes and enhancements. Security issues fixed :
- CVE-2017-5495: Telnet 'vty' interface DoS due to unbounded memory allocation. (bsc#1021669)
- CVE-2016-1245: Stack overrun in IPv6 RA receive code.
(bsc#1005258) Bug fixes :
- Do not enable zebra's TCP interface (port 2600) to use default UNIX socket for communication between the daemons. (fate#323170) Between 0.99.22.1 and 1.1.1 the following improvements have been implemented :
- Changed the default of 'link-detect' state, controlling whether zebra will respond to link-state events and consider an interface to be down when link is down. To retain the current behavior save your config before updating, otherwise remove the 'link-detect' flag from your config prior to updating. There is also a new global 'default link-detect (on|off)' flag to configure the global default.
- Greatly improved nexthop resolution for recursive routes.
- Event driven nexthop resolution for BGP.
- Route tags support.
- Transport of TE related metrics over OSPF, IS-IS.
- IPv6 Multipath for zebra and BGP.
- Multicast RIB support has been extended. It still is IPv4 only.
- RIP for IPv4 now supports equal-cost multipath (ECMP).
- route-maps have a new action 'set ipv6 next-hop peer-address'.
- route-maps have a new action 'set as-path prepend last-as'.
- 'next-hop-self all' to override nexthop on iBGP route reflector setups.
- New pimd daemon provides IPv4 PIM-SSM multicast routing.
- IPv6 address management has been improved regarding tentative addresses. This is visible in that a freshly configured address will not immediately be marked as usable.
- Recursive route support has been overhauled. Scripts parsing 'show ip route' output may need adaptation.
- A large amount of changes has been merged for ospf6d.
Careful evaluation prior to deployment is recommended.
- Multiprotocol peerings over IPv6 now try to find a more appropriate IPv4 nexthop by looking at the interface.
- Relaxed bestpath criteria for multipath and improved display of multipath routes in 'show ip bgp'. Scripts parsing this output may need to be updated.
- Support for iBGP TTL security.
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionTo install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 12-SP3:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SDK-12-SP3-2017-1407=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 12-SP2:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SDK-12-SP2-2017-1407=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for Raspberry Pi 12-SP2:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-RPI-12-SP2-2017-1407=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP3:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-SP3-2017-1407=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP2:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-SP2-2017-1407=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.