SUSE SLED12 / SLES12 Security Update : samba / resource-agents (SUSE-SU-2017:2237-1) (Orpheus' Lyre)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 102696
SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThis update provides Samba 4.6.7, which fixes the following issues :
- CVE-2017-11103: Metadata were being taken from the unauthenticated plaintext (the Ticket) rather than the authenticated and encrypted KDC response. (bsc#1048278)
- Fix cephwrap_chdir(). (bsc#1048790)
- Fix ctdb logs to /var/log/log.ctdb instead of /var/log/ctdb. (bsc#1048339)
- Fix inconsistent ctdb socket path. (bsc#1048352)
- Fix non-admin cephx authentication. (bsc#1048387)
- CTDB cannot start when there is no persistent database.
(bsc#1052577) The CTDB resource agent was also fixed to not fail when the database is empty.
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionTo install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 12-SP3:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SDK-12-SP3-2017-1367=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP3:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-SP3-2017-1367=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise High Availability 12-SP3:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-HA-12-SP3-2017-1367=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12-SP3:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-DESKTOP-12-SP3-2017-1367=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.