openSUSE Security Update : fossil (openSUSE-2017-949)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 102565
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis update for fossil to version 2.3 fixes the following issues :
- Potential XSS vulnerability on the /help webpage (boo#1053267)
This update also contains all upstream improvements and fixes in version 2.3 :
- Update internal Unicode character tables, used in regular expression handling, from version 9.0 to 10.0.
- Show the last-sync-URL on the /urllist page
- Added the 'Event Summary' activity report
- Added the 'Security Audit' page, available to administrators only
- Added the Last Login time to the user list page, for administrators only
- Added the --numstat option to the fossil diff command
- Limit the size of the heap and stack on unix systems, as a proactive defense against the Stack Clash attack
- Fix 'database locked' warnings caused by 'PRAGMA optimize'
- Documentation updates
SolutionUpdate the affected fossil packages.