SynopsisThe remote Red Hat host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionAn update for qemu-kvm-rhev is now available for RHEV 4.X RHEV-H and Agents for RHEL 7.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
KVM (Kernel-based Virtual Machine) is a full virtualization solution for Linux on a variety of architectures. The qemu-kvm-rhev packages provide the user-space component for running virtual machines that use KVM in environments managed by Red Hat products.
The following packages have been upgraded to a later upstream version:
qemu-kvm-rhev (2.9.0). (BZ#1387372, BZ#1387600, BZ#1400962)
Security Fix(es) :
* A stack-based buffer overflow flaw was found in the Quick Emulator (QEMU) built with the Network Block Device (NBD) client support. The flaw could occur while processing server's response to a 'NBD_OPT_LIST' request. A malicious NBD server could use this issue to crash a remote NBD client resulting in DoS or potentially execute arbitrary code on client host with privileges of the QEMU process.
* An integer overflow flaw was found in Quick Emulator (QEMU) in the CCID Card device support. The flaw could occur while passing messages via command/response packets to and from the host. A privileged user inside a guest could use this flaw to crash the QEMU process.
* An information exposure flaw was found in Quick Emulator (QEMU) in Task Priority Register (TPR) optimizations for 32-bit Windows guests.
The flaw could occur while accessing TPR. A privileged user inside a guest could use this issue to read portions of the host memory.
* A memory-leak flaw was found in the Quick Emulator(QEMU) built with USB xHCI controller emulation support. The flaw could occur while doing a USB-device unplug operation. Unplugging the device repeatedly resulted in leaking host memory, affecting other services on the host.
A privileged user inside the guest could exploit this flaw to cause a denial of service on the host or potentially crash the host's QEMU process instance. (CVE-2016-7466)
* Multiple CVEs(CVE-2016-10155, CVE-2016-4020, CVE-2016-6835, CVE-2016-6888, CVE-2016-7422, CVE-2016-7466, CVE-2016-8576, CVE-2016-8669, CVE-2016-8909, CVE-2016-8910, CVE-2016-9907, CVE-2016-9911, CVE-2016-9921, CVE-2016-9922, CVE-2017-2630, CVE-2017-5579, CVE-2017-5898, CVE-2017-5973, CVE-2017-9310, CVE-2017-9373, CVE-2017-9374, CVE-2017-9375) were fixed as result of rebase to QEMU version 2.9.0.
Red Hat would like to thank Li Qiang (Qihoo 360 Inc.) for reporting CVE-2016-6835 and CVE-2016-6888; Li Qiang (360.cn Inc.) for reporting CVE-2017-5898, CVE-2016-7466, CVE-2016-10155, CVE-2017-5579, and CVE-2017-5973; Donghai Zdh (Alibaba Inc.) for reporting CVE-2016-4020;
Qinghao Tang (Marvel Team 360.cn Inc.) and Zhenhao Hong (Marvel Team 360.cn Inc.) for reporting CVE-2016-7422; PSIRT (Huawei Inc.) for reporting CVE-2016-8669; Andrew Henderson (Intelligent Automation Inc.) for reporting CVE-2016-8910; Qinghao Tang (Qihoo 360), Li Qiang (Qihoo 360), and Jiangxin (Huawei Inc.) for reporting CVE-2016-9921 and CVE-2016-9922; and Li Qiang (Qihoo 360 Gear Team) for reporting CVE-2017-9310, CVE-2017-9373, CVE-2017-9374, and CVE-2017-9375.
Additional Changes :
This update also fixes several bugs and adds various enhancements.
Documentation for these changes is available from the Release Notes document linked to in the References section.
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.
File Name: redhat-RHSA-2017-2392.nasl
Supported Sensors: Frictionless Assessment Agent, Frictionless Assessment AWS, Frictionless Assessment Azure, Nessus Agent
Temporal Vector: E:U/RL:OF/RC:C
Temporal Vector: E:U/RL:O/RC:C
CPE: p-cpe:/a:redhat:enterprise_linux:qemu-img-rhev, p-cpe:/a:redhat:enterprise_linux:qemu-kvm-common-rhev, p-cpe:/a:redhat:enterprise_linux:qemu-kvm-rhev, p-cpe:/a:redhat:enterprise_linux:qemu-kvm-rhev-debuginfo, p-cpe:/a:redhat:enterprise_linux:qemu-kvm-tools-rhev, cpe:/o:redhat:enterprise_linux:7
Required KB Items: Host/local_checks_enabled, Host/RedHat/release, Host/RedHat/rpm-list, Host/cpu
Exploit Ease: No known exploits are available
Patch Publication Date: 8/1/2017
Vulnerability Publication Date: 5/25/2016
CVE: CVE-2016-10155, CVE-2016-4020, CVE-2016-6835, CVE-2016-6888, CVE-2016-7422, CVE-2016-7466, CVE-2016-8576, CVE-2016-8669, CVE-2016-8909, CVE-2016-8910, CVE-2016-9907, CVE-2016-9911, CVE-2016-9921, CVE-2016-9922, CVE-2017-2630, CVE-2017-5579, CVE-2017-5898, CVE-2017-5973, CVE-2017-9310, CVE-2017-9373, CVE-2017-9374, CVE-2017-9375