SUSE SLED12 / SLES12 Security Update : systemd, dracut (SUSE-SU-2017:1898-1)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 101831
SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThis update for systemd and dracut fixes the following issues:
Security issues fixed :
- CVE-2017-9445: Possible out-of-bounds write triggered by a specially crafted TCP payload from a DNS server.
(bsc#1045290) Non-security issues fixed in systemd :
- Automounter issue in combination with NFS volumes (bsc#1040968)
- Missing symbolic link for SAS device in /dev/disk/by-path (bsc#1040153)
- Add minimal support for boot.d/* scripts in systemd-sysv-convert (bsc#1046750) Non-security issues fixed in dracut :
- Bail out if module directory does not exist.
- Suppress bogus error message. (bsc#1032029)
- Fix module force loading with systemd. (bsc#986216)
- Ship udev files required by systemd. (bsc#1040153)
- Ignore module resolution errors (e.g. with kgraft).
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionTo install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 12-SP2:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SDK-12-SP2-2017-1174=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for Raspberry Pi 12-SP2:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-RPI-12-SP2-2017-1174=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP2:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-SP2-2017-1174=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12-SP2:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-DESKTOP-12-SP2-2017-1174=1
OpenStack Cloud Magnum Orchestration 7:zypper in -t patch SUSE-OpenStack-Cloud-Magnum-Orchestration-7-2017-1174=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.