openSUSE Security Update : systemd (openSUSE-2017-806)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 101516
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis update for systemd fixes the following issues :
Security issue fixed :
- CVE-2017-9217: resolved: Fix NULL pointer p->question dereferencing that could lead to resolved aborting (bsc#1040614)
The update also fixed several non-security bugs :
- core/mount: Use the '-c' flag to not canonicalize paths when calling /bin/umount
- automount: Handle expire_tokens when the mount unit changes its state (bsc#1040942)
- automount: Rework propagation between automount and mount units
- build: Make sure tmpfiles.d/systemd-remote.conf get installed when necessary
- build: Fix systemd-journal-upload installation
- basic: Detect XEN Dom0 as no virtualization (bsc#1036873)
- virt: Make sure some errors are not ignored
- fstab-generator: Do not skip Before= ordering for noauto mountpoints
- fstab-gen: Do not convert device timeout into seconds when initializing JobTimeoutSec
- core/device: Use JobRunningTimeoutSec= for device units (bsc#1004995)
- fstab-generator: Apply the _netdev option also to device units (bsc#1004995)
- job: Add JobRunningTimeoutSec for JOB_RUNNING state (bsc#1004995)
- job: Ensure JobRunningTimeoutSec= survives serialization (bsc#1004995)
- rules: Export NVMe WWID udev attribute (bsc#1038865)
- rules: Introduce disk/by-id (model_serial) symbolic links for NVMe drives
- rules: Add rules for NVMe devices
- sysusers: Make group shadow support configurable (bsc#1029516)
- core: When deserializing a unit, fully restore its cgroup state (bsc#1029102)
- core: Introduce cg_mask_from_string()/cg_mask_to_string()
- core:execute: Fix handling failures of calling fork() in exec_spawn() (bsc#1040258)
- Fix systemd-sysv-convert when a package starts shipping service units (bsc#982303) The database might be missing when upgrading a package which was shipping no sysv init scripts nor unit files (at the time --save was called) but the new version start shipping unit files.
- Disable group shadow support (bsc#1029516)
- Only check signature job error if signature job exists (bsc#1043758)
This update was imported from the SUSE:SLE-12-SP2:Update update project.
SolutionUpdate the affected systemd packages.