SUSE SLED12 / SLES12 Security Update : systemd (SUSE-SU-2017:1773-1)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 101226
SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThis update for systemd fixes the following issues: Security issue fixed :
- CVE-2017-9217: resolved: Fix NULL pointer p->question dereferencing that could lead to resolved aborting (bsc#1040614) The update also fixed several non-security bugs :
- core/mount: Use the '-c' flag to not canonicalize paths when calling /bin/umount
- automount: Handle expire_tokens when the mount unit changes its state (bsc#1040942)
- automount: Rework propagation between automount and mount units
- build: Make sure tmpfiles.d/systemd-remote.conf get installed when necessary
- build: Fix systemd-journal-upload installation
- basic: Detect XEN Dom0 as no virtualization (bsc#1036873)
- virt: Make sure some errors are not ignored
- fstab-generator: Do not skip Before= ordering for noauto mountpoints
- fstab-gen: Do not convert device timeout into seconds when initializing JobTimeoutSec
- core/device: Use JobRunningTimeoutSec= for device units (bsc#1004995)
- fstab-generator: Apply the _netdev option also to device units (bsc#1004995)
- job: Add JobRunningTimeoutSec for JOB_RUNNING state (bsc#1004995)
- job: Ensure JobRunningTimeoutSec= survives serialization (bsc#1004995)
- rules: Export NVMe WWID udev attribute (bsc#1038865)
- rules: Introduce disk/by-id (model_serial) symbolic links for NVMe drives
- rules: Add rules for NVMe devices
- sysusers: Make group shadow support configurable (bsc#1029516)
- core: When deserializing a unit, fully restore its cgroup state (bsc#1029102)
- core: Introduce cg_mask_from_string()/cg_mask_to_string()
- core:execute: Fix handling failures of calling fork() in exec_spawn() (bsc#1040258)
- Fix systemd-sysv-convert when a package starts shipping service units (bsc#982303) The database might be missing when upgrading a package which was shipping no sysv init scripts nor unit files (at the time
--save was called) but the new version start shipping unit files.
- Disable group shadow support (bsc#1029516)
- Only check signature job error if signature job exists (bsc#1043758)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionTo install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 12-SP2:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SDK-12-SP2-2017-1104=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for Raspberry Pi 12-SP2:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-RPI-12-SP2-2017-1104=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP2:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-SP2-2017-1104=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12-SP2:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-DESKTOP-12-SP2-2017-1104=1
OpenStack Cloud Magnum Orchestration 7:zypper in -t patch SUSE-OpenStack-Cloud-Magnum-Orchestration-7-2017-1104=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.