SUSE SLES11 Security Update : xorg-x11-server (SUSE-SU-2017:1741-1)
Low Nessus Plugin ID 101201
SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThis update for xorg-x11-server fixes the following issues: Security issues :
- CVE-2017-2624: Prevent timing attack against MIT cookie.
(bsc#1025029, CVE-2017-2624) Non security issues :
- Use arc4random to generate cookies. (bsc#1025084)
- XDrawArc performance improvement (bsc#1019649)
- Fix byte swapping for gradeint stops (bsc#981044).
- Remove unused function with use-after-free issue.
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionTo install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 11-SP4:zypper in -t patch sdksp4-xorg-x11-server-13186=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11-SP4:zypper in -t patch slessp4-xorg-x11-server-13186=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Debuginfo 11-SP4:zypper in -t patch dbgsp4-xorg-x11-server-13186=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.