SUSE SLES12 Security Update : apache2 (SUSE-SU-2017:1714-1)
High Nessus Plugin ID 101109
SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThis update for apache2 provides the following fixes: Security issues fixed :
- CVE-2017-3167: In Apache use of httpd ap_get_basic_auth_pw() outside of the authentication phase could lead to authentication requirements bypass (bsc#1045065)
- CVE-2017-3169: In mod_ssl may have a dereference NULL pointer issue which could lead to denial of service (bsc#1045062)
- CVE-2017-7679: In mod_mime can buffer over-read by 1 byte, potentially leading to a crash or information disclosure (bsc#1045060) Non-Security issues fixed :
- Remove /usr/bin/http2 symlink only during apache2 package uninstall, not upgrade. (bsc#1041830)
- In gensslcert, use hostname when fqdn is too long.
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionTo install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 12-SP2:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SDK-12-SP2-2017-1062=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for Raspberry Pi 12-SP2:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-RPI-12-SP2-2017-1062=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP2:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-SP2-2017-1062=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.