SUSE SLED12 / SLES12 Security Update : postgresql94 (SUSE-SU-2017:1690-1)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 101060
SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThis update for postgresql94 to 9.4.12 fixes the following issues:
Upstream changelogs :
- https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/static/release-9-4-10.html Security issues fixed :
- CVE-2017-7486: Restrict visibility of pg_user_mappings.umoptions, to protect passwords stored as user mapping options. (bsc#1037624) Please note that manual action is needed to fix this in existing databases See the upstream release notes for details.
- CVE-2017-7485: recognize PGREQUIRESSL variable again.
- CVE-2017-7484: Prevent exposure of statistical information via leaky operators. (bsc#1037603) Changes in version 9.4.12 :
- Build corruption with CREATE INDEX CONCURRENTLY
- Fixes for visibility and write-ahead-log stability Changes in version 9.4.10 :
- Fix WAL-logging of truncation of relation free space maps and visibility maps
- Fix incorrect creation of GIN index WAL records on big-endian machines
- Fix SELECT FOR UPDATE/SHARE to correctly lock tuples that have been updated by a subsequently-aborted transaction
- Fix EvalPlanQual rechecks involving CTE scans
- Fix improper repetition of previous results from hashed aggregation in a subquery The libraries libpq and libecpg are now supplied by postgresql 9.6.
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionTo install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 12-SP2:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SDK-12-SP2-2017-1039=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for Raspberry Pi 12-SP2:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-RPI-12-SP2-2017-1039=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP2:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-SP2-2017-1039=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12-SP2:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-DESKTOP-12-SP2-2017-1039=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.