SUSE SLED12 / SLES12 Security Update : xorg-x11-server (SUSE-SU-2017:1675-1)
Low Nessus Plugin ID 101059
SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThis update for xorg-x11-server provides the following fixes :
- Remove unused function with use-after-free issue.
- Use arc4random to generate cookies. (bsc#1025084)
- Prevent timing attack against MIT cookie. (bsc#1025029, CVE-2017-2624)
- XDrawArc performance improvement. (bsc#1019649)
- Re-enable indirect GLX by default. (bsc#1039042)
- Add IndirectGLX ServerFlags option which allows users to enable or disable indirect GLX. (bsc#1032509)
- Fix dashing in GLAMOR. (bsc#1021803)
- Fix X server crash on drawing dashed lines.
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionTo install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 12-SP2:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SDK-12-SP2-2017-1037=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for Raspberry Pi 12-SP2:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-RPI-12-SP2-2017-1037=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP2:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-SP2-2017-1037=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12-SP2:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-DESKTOP-12-SP2-2017-1037=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.