SUSE SLES11 Security Update : php53 (SUSE-SU-2017:1585-1)
High Nessus Plugin ID 100866
SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThis update for php53 fixes the following issues: This security issue was fixed :
- CVE-2017-7272: PHP enabled potential SSRF in applications that accept an fsockopen hostname argument with an expectation that the port number is constrained.
Because a :port syntax was recognized, fsockopen used the port number that is specified in the hostname argument, instead of the port number in the second argument of the function (bsc#1031246)
- CVE-2016-6294: The locale_accept_from_http function in ext/intl/locale/locale_methods.c did not properly restrict calls to the ICU uloc_acceptLanguageFromHTTP function, which allowed remote attackers to cause a denial of service (out-of-bounds read) or possibly have unspecified other impact via a call with a long argument (bsc#1035111).
- CVE-2017-9227: An issue was discovered in Oniguruma 6.2.0, as used in mbstring in PHP. A stack out-of-bounds read occurs in mbc_enc_len() during regular expression searching. Invalid handling of reg->dmin in forward_search_range() could result in an invalid pointer dereference, as an out-of-bounds read from a stack buffer. (bsc#1040883)
- CVE-2017-9226: An issue was discovered in Oniguruma 6.2.0, as used in Oniguruma-mod in mbstring in PHP. A heap out-of-bounds write or read occurs in next_state_val() during regular expression compilation.
Octal numbers larger than 0xff are not handled correctly in fetch_token() and fetch_token_in_cc(). A malformed regular expression containing an octal number in the form of '\700' would produce an invalid code point value larger than 0xff in next_state_val(), resulting in an out-of-bounds write memory corruption. (bsc#1040889)
- CVE-2017-9224: An issue was discovered in Oniguruma 6.2.0, as used in Oniguruma-mod in mbstring in PHP. A stack out-of-bounds read occurs in match_at() during regular expression searching. A logical error involving order of validation and access in match_at() could result in an out-of-bounds read from a stack buffer.
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionTo install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 11-SP4:zypper in -t patch sdksp4-php53-13151=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11-SP4:zypper in -t patch slessp4-php53-13151=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Debuginfo 11-SP4:zypper in -t patch dbgsp4-php53-13151=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.