SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis update for libplist fixes the following issues :
- CVE-2017-5209: The base64decode function in libplist allowed attackers to obtain sensitive information from process memory or cause a denial of service (buffer over-read) via split encoded Apple Property List data (bsc#1019531).
- CVE-2017-5545: The main function in plistutil.c in libimobiledevice libplist allowed attackers to obtain sensitive information from process memory or cause a denial of service (buffer over-read) via Apple Property List data that is too short. (bsc#1021610).
- CVE-2017-5836: A type inconsistency in bplist.c was fixed. (bsc#1023807)
- CVE-2017-5835: A memory allocation error leading to DoS was fixed. (bsc#1023822)
- CVE-2017-5834: A heap-buffer overflow in parse_dict_node was fixed. (bsc#1023848)
- CVE-2017-6440: Ensure that sanity checks work on 32-bit platforms. (bsc#1029631)
- CVE-2017-7982: Add some safety checks, backported from upstream (bsc#1035312).
- CVE-2017-5836: A maliciously crafted file could cause the application to crash. (bsc#1023807).
- CVE-2017-5835: Malicious crafted file could cause libplist to allocate large amounts of memory and consume lots of CPU (bsc#1023822)
- CVE-2017-5834: Maliciou crafted file could cause a heap buffer overflow or segmentation fault (bsc#1023848) This update was imported from the SUSE:SLE-12-SP2:Update update project.
SolutionUpdate the affected libplist packages.