SUSE SLES12 Security Update : git (SUSE-SU-2017:1357-1)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 100319
SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThis update for git fixes the following issues :
- git 2.12.3 :
- CVE-2017-8386: Fix git-shell not to escape with the starting dash name (bsc#1038395)
- Fix for potential segv introduced in v2.11.0 and later
- Misc fixes and cleanups.
- git 2.12.2 :
- CLI output fixes
- 'Dump http' transport fixes
- various fixes for internal code paths
- Trailer 'Cc:' RFC fix
- git 2.12.1 :
- Reduce authentication round-trip over HTTP when the server supports just a single authentication method.
- 'git add -i' patch subcommand fixed to have a path selection
- various path verification fixes
- fix 'git log -L...' buffer overrun
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionTo install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 12-SP2:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SDK-12-SP2-2017-830=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 12-SP1:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SDK-12-SP1-2017-830=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for Raspberry Pi 12-SP2:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-RPI-12-SP2-2017-830=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP2:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-SP2-2017-830=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP1:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-SP1-2017-830=1
OpenStack Cloud Magnum Orchestration 7:zypper in -t patch SUSE-OpenStack-Cloud-Magnum-Orchestration-7-2017-830=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.