New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 4.4
SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThis update for mariadb fixes the following issues :
- update to MariaDB 10.0.30 GA
- notable changes :
- XtraDB updated to 5.6.35-80.0
- TokuDB updated to 5.6.35-80.0
- PCRE updated to 8.40
- MDEV-11027: better InnoDB crash recovery progress reporting
- MDEV-11520: improvements to how InnoDB data files are extended
- Improvements to InnoDB startup/shutdown to make it more robust
- MDEV-11233: fix for FULLTEXT index crash
- MDEV-6143: MariaDB Linux binary tarballs will now always untar to directories that match their filename
- release notes and changelog :
- fixes the following CVEs: CVE-2017-3313: unspecified vulnerability affecting the MyISAM component [bsc#1020890] CVE-2017-3302: Use after free in libmysqlclient.so [bsc#1022428]
- set the default umask to 077 in rc.mysql-multi [bsc#1020976]
- [bsc#1034911] - tracker bug
- increase build disk size from 10 GB to 13 GB in order to fix build for aarch64
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionTo install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP 12:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SAP-12-2017-792=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-LTSS:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-2017-792=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.